Connectivity as a New Asset Class
Buy, sell, trade connectivity contracts globally
GIANT. Welcome to the connectivity economy.
GIANT turns bandwidth into a globally tradable digital asset. We spend $2T annually on connectivity, yet inefficiencies in bandwidth markets mean 25% of capacity goes underutilized. GIANT creates liquid markets for bandwidth through a decentralized, community-owned set of protocols on the blockchain. Bandwidth becomes the financial primitive of new consumer and enterprise applications with bandwidth as the unit of value, for example bandwidth as a form of payment, bandwidth as collateral, and enterprise financial markets for spot bandwidth contracts and their derivatives.
One internet for all
We see internet access as a basic human right. An Internet that works for everyone can only be built together. GIANT was started from a desire to support the people in the world that are building the internet that this world needs.
One internet for all
The UN has declared internet access as a basic human right. Bandwidth is a global, durable resource yet it’s greatly underutilized. An Internet that works for everyone can only be built together. GIANT was started from a desire to support the people in the world that are building the internet that this world needs.
GIANT is the
Global Internet Access Network Token
GIANT provides consumers greater choice, convenience, and value when going online. It enables connectivity providers to attract and retain subscribers, and generate incremental returns from their capital investments. It enables developers to build new applications with bandwidth as the financial primitive. GIANT creates a connectivity economy that is open to all, seamless, and secure by design, supported by a cryptographic token and governed by the community.
Earn $GIANT rewards for going online, and earn when they stake those rewards to secure the protocol.
Attract and retain subscribers, and generate incremental returns from their capital investments.
Build new consumer and enterprise applications with bandwidth as the primitive.
DApps are applications built on top of the protocol to provide stakeholders with intuitive ways to access new services with tokenized bandwidth as a financial primitive.
Teller, Connectivity, and Yield protocols are a set of open, trust-minimized protocols that coordinate, tokenize, and financialize bandwidth. Read more about the protocols in our whitepaper here.
The native blockchain acts as a Decentralized Internet Access Layer by aggregating fragmented infrastructure networks into one network purpose-built for the connectivity economy.
Existing connectivity networks and community-owned networks tokenize and financialize their existing and future bandwidth capacity to access decentralized connectivity and financial services on the blockchain.
- Launched Wificoin consumer app.
Signed first data provider offering pay-as-you-go inflight wifi across multiple airlines.
- Wificoin achieves #1 category rank in Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- Signed second data provider deal, adding support for mobile data in 45 countries on any eSim enabled device.
- Hired a world-class team to accelerate growth towards our vision. Read about who we are here.
- Introduced community incentives – bonus point rewards redeemable for real world value when you go online through Wificoin.
- Launch of the testnet of GIANT’s native blockchain.
- Open, trust-minimized services for data providers and data consumers.
- Launch of GIANT’s private beta app.
- Signed Airalo as the second provider, expanding coverage to 209 countries and regions
- Achieved feature complete implementations of the Teller, Connectivity, and Yield protocols
- Announced plan to join build within the Polkadot ecosystem
* This timeline provides estimated release dates and descriptions for new features and functionality that may developed by, for, and/or on the GIANT Network by ShareG Inc. and other participants in the GIANT ecosystem. All information is subject to change.